Ayurvedic Treatment of Arthritis
Arthritis is an inflammatory disorder that of joints and muscles in which the patient suffers from severe pain of the
bone joints and muscles, the redness, tenderness and stiffness of the affected parts. The joints become almost
immovable and enough swelled. There are several types of arthritis found in the human bodies that can be categorised
according to joint places and forms.
Arthritis is a painful condition in which Patient find difficulties in movements. If treated timely, it can be
completely curable diseases in Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, Arthritis happens due to several reasons including
degeneration of joints, degeneration of cartilage lubricant liquids, autoimmune, drugs, bones? wear and tear due to
attack of virus and bacteria etc.
In allopathic medical system, the sole option is surgery and replacement of the joints that is not a smooth cure for
the patients while in ayurvedic, there are numerous medicines available that can root out this painful disease. Ayurveda
always stresses on to avoid diseases rather than to cure. But if you face any sort of Arthritis problem, you can apply
these ayurvedic remedies to root out the disease.
Herbal Remedies for Arthritis:
- Boswellia serrata also known as shallaki improves blood circulation and relieves joint pain and swelling.
- The root of Ashwagandha (Winter Cherry) contains traces of an essential oil which is effective in the treatment of
rheumatic affections. The water soluble portion of root extract contains indefinite amorphous substances and a quantity
of sugar. Take 5 grams powder twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Guduchi juice is also beneficial in relieving joint pain
- Take bath with Epsom salt warm water. It will relieve joint pains, strengthen bones, and improves blood
- Take yogaraj guggulu, 1 tablet 3 times per day. It cleanses bone tissue, strengthens bones, and improves flexibility.
- Take 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Haritaki with warm water.
- Castor oil or triphala help keep the colon cleansed.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis): is very beneficial in arthritis as it has carminative and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara) is one of the most useful drugs, though not often used by itself, but is used in
combination with other antipyretics.
- Giloye (Tinospora cordifolia) is an anti-pyretic, anti-inflammatory herb and is an effective cure for rheumatoid
- Apply pepper oil over the affected joints. It is an excellent analgesic herbal medicine.
- Karpura or Camphor (Cinamonum Camphora) may redden the skin and produce a warming sensation. Rub Karpura
on the affected area to get soothing "camphor-ice" relief.