Ayurvedic Treatment of Weight Loss
Excessive habit of eating, hormonal disorder, heredity, drugs and sluggish life style causes obesity. Millions of
people nowadays are suffering from this problem. Obesity is the root of several diseases including high blood pressure,
bad cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, gall bladder problem, orthopaedic problem and others etc.
That's why people are now concentrating to loose weight. In the move of loosing weight through surgery or
allopathic medicines some time cause the origin of other diseases. But, loosing weight through natural ways don?t hurt
you and give you the fine results.
Natural Way of Reducing Overweight
Obesity or over weight can be managed through diet, exercise and herbal medicines.
A typical diet would consist of the following:
- Begins your day early in the morning with drinking fresh juice of lime, add one teaspoon of honey and warm water
- In breakfast take sprouts of wheat or beans and drink non-fatty milk.
- Take a glass of fresh orange, carrot or pineapple juice half an hour before lunch.
- Enhanced the intake of raw vegetable salad, cooked food with full of fibre. Take steamed and boiled foods instead
- Try to eat fruits instead of fruit juice, as complete fruits have fibre and pulp that ease your appetite and make your
digestive system strong.
- Drink lots of water, as it fulfills the deficiency of minerals in the body.
Regular exercise, gym, yoga and meditation are essential to keep us healthy, fit and fine. Regular practice of yoga
and meditation will make capable us to control hunger and metabolic activities. Exercise and gym relieve us from
sluggishness; enhance our appetite, and improve immune system.
- Mint is very beneficial in losing weight. A chutney of green mint with some simple spices can be taken with meals.
Mint tea also helps.
- Spices like dry ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. are good for loosing weight and can be used in a number of
- Vegetables like bitter gourd (Karela), and bitter variety of drumstick are useful in loosing weight.
- Honey is an excellent home remedy for obesity. It mobilizes the extra deposited fat in the body allowing it to be
utilized as energy for normal functions. Take a tablespoon of honey with hot water initially for 15 days. Give a gap for
15 days and again repeat the procedure. The circle should go for three months.
- Raw or cooked cabbage inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value
in weight reduction.
- Walking is the best exercise to begin with and may be followed by running, swimming or rowing.
- The gum of Commiphora Mukul called 'guggulu' is the drug of choice for the treatment of obesity.
- Drink ginger tea 2-3 times per day.
- Chew a thin slice of fresh ginger root a few minutes before meals. Or grate a little ginger, mix with some lemon
juice and salt, and eat a pinch or two.
- Use herbs and spices that are primarily pungent (spicy), bitter, or astringent. Common useful spices include: cumin,
ginger, mustard seed, cayenne, and black pepper. Use them generously in your cooking.
- Use Ayurvedic herbs such as gotu kola, amalaki, and shilajit in powder or capsule form.
- Ayurvedic herbal compounds trikatu (a combination of equal parts of black pepper, ginger, and pippali or Indian
- Tripbala (a combination of amalaki, bibbitaki, and haritaki)