Ayurvedic Remedies of Acidity
Ayurveda tells that if you live accordig to nature's rule, you won't face the problem of hyperacidity commonly
known as acidity. Ayurveda believes in simple living and simple eating. Modify yor life style according to environment
and nature. It is also said that prevention is better than cure. If you still face the problem of hyperacidity you can apply
following herbal remedies.
Herbal Remedies for Acidity
- A decoction of sandal (chandan) may be consumed thrice a day for relief.
- Tender fruit pulp of coconut may be taken from time to time. Tender coconut water soothes gastric
- Dissolve simple sugar into cold water and consume it immediately. You will get quick relief. But remember, this
remedy is not for diabetic patient.
- Sip cold milk (200 to 500 ml) during the day and at bedtime to control acidity.
- Consume few leaves of tulsi leaves (basil) anytime. It restore the taste of your tongue and also gives relief from
- Consume one tablespoon of alma (gooseberry) with one tablespoon haritaki (chebulic myroblan).
- Take two tablespoon honey with two tablespoon natural cidar vinegar before meal.
- Keeping terminalia chebula in mouth after your regular meal gives relief from acidity.
- Eat antacid fruits like cucumber, watermelon, papaya, and banana.
- Intake cold milk, coconut water, almonds or raw garlic, all these give you relief from acidity and
- Intake jaggery (gur) on hourly basis will give you relief from acidity.
- Half glass buttermilk with one tablespoon of coriander juice is effective in case of stomach burns, indigestion, and
acidity. This is one of the best home remedies for acidity.
Ayurvedic medicines for Acidity
- If herbal remedies do no work, go for Ayurvedic medicine under the prescription of Ayurvedic medical practitioner.
- Ayurvedic medicines like Kamdudha Rasa plain are effective in treating acidity.
- Avipattikar can be taken with water before your daily meal. It is good for your bowel movement and is effective in
heartburn treatment or acidity. Consume 3 gm of powder with 50ml of hot water. Take it twice a day for 40
- Narikel lavan is also a good remedy to cure hyperacidity.
- Sooktyn tablets in doses of 1 tablet thrice a day with lukewarm water is another effective remedy.
- Sutshekar Ras (simple) 1 tablet thrice daily taken with water after meals controls acidity effectively.
- Kamdudha Ras (with pearls) is a drug of choice for acidity taken in the dose of 1 tablet thrice daily.
- Mint juice or mint capsules containing peppermint oil are also a good herbal remedy for treating acidity. It is
recommended to be taken after meal, it reduces gas formation. This is one of the useful home remedies for acidity.