Ayurvedic Treatment of common eye problems
Home Remedies for Burning Eyes
- Mash ripe banana with a little curd and water and take twice a day.
- Take equal quantities of fenugreek powder and shikakai powder wash hair frequently.
- Grind an onion with 1 tsp black pepper and ½ cup khuskhus in milk. Apply this paste on the head. Allow it to dry
for 20 minutes and wash in warm water.
- Take juice of bottle gourd and mix with sesame oil at 4:1 ratio. Heat till the moisture is evaporated completely.
Once cool, use it for massing the head.
- Apply castor oil on the eyelashes before going to sleep.
Home Remedies for Cataract
Cataract happens as the time passes when we get older; our eye lens gradually thickens and loses its ability to
- In early stages of cataract, soak 10 almonds overnight in 1-cup water.
- In morning, remove the skin, grind with 10 pepper-corns in 1-cup water. Drink after adding sugar to taste, once a
- Have two glasses of carrot juice daily
- Take every morning a mixture - 1/3 cup each of carrot juice, onion juice and dahi added with ¼ tsp of powdered
Home Remedies for Glaucoma
Glaucoma is an eye disorder in which optic nerve suffers and cause permanently blindness if untreated. It
occasionally happens due to rising pressure of fluid on the eye. Generally our eyeballs have a pressure ranging between
10 to 20 mm of Hg. If this increases and goes beyond 24 mm, the condition is called glaucoma. Such increase in
pressure is accompanied by terrible headache around the temple.
Mix equal quantities of juice of carrot and arugampl and drink once a day. However, there are two contradictive
opinion behind the home remedies of Glaucoma, one is that many people believe that drinking huge amount of water in
the morning is good for cleansing one?s body while another opinion says that suddenly intake of excess water in the
morning can raises eye pressure and can result in glaucoma in people.