Reasons and remedies for hair loss
Hair fall is quite a frequently used term these days. It is a scalp disorder accompanied with losing more than 100 hair strands in a day.
Whilst, it is okay to lose 40-70 strands of hair in a day, losing excessively more hair than that is a sign of the fact that you are suffering from a serious hair loss syndrome. Hair has a life cycle at the end of which is falls off. But bald patches are visible when scalp is not able to grow new hair in place of the fallen hair. There are many reasons for hair fall and it is difficult to pinpoint each and every one of them. While some of the reasons are unavoidable, like hormonal imbalance, most of them are under our control.
Scalp infections: There are various kinds of scalp infections that affect us. Alopecia is the primary cause for these infections and it affects the scalp in different ways.
These infections are predominantly found among the teens. Fungi infection on scalp causes dandruff. This dandruff weakens hair from its roots that triggers hair fall. The hair fall can be in patches or complete baldness
Hormone imbalances are also common causes of hair loss. The hormone, Dihydrotestosterone, formed by the conversion of testosterones, triggers hair fall.
Stress causes various kinds of health problems and hair fall is one of them. In this age, stress has become a huge pat of everyone's life and it affects the body in negative way only.
Avoiding stress is extremely important to remain healthy.
Experimentation with hair, erratic hairstyles, hair colours, rebonding of hair and making tight pigtails or ponytails cause a lot of harm to hair, eventually leading to hair fall.
Ayurveda has answer to the problem of hair fall. There are natural herbs and medicines which help in preventing hair fall and result in long and lustrous locks.
- A natural herb extremely beneficial for hair regrowth is saw palmetto. It promotes the growth of hair follicles and strengthens hair from root to tip. Saw palmetto is grown in California and is available in all parts of the world including India.
- A healthy diet full of proteins, vitamins and minerals not only keeps you healthy, but also makes your hair strong from their roots. This promotes the growth of hair follicles.
- Herbal help is always beneficial for hair. A mixture of amla, egg yolk and mustard oil works wonders for hair. Make a paste of these ingredients and apply on hair. Keep the paste on for 2hours before you wash it off.
- Massages are very important for health of the hair. It is the best way to keep your hair beautiful and preventing them from falling. Massage by coconut oil helps in growing long and lustrous hair.
- Coconut oil has heap of benefits. Massage your scalp everyday with coconut oil for 10-15 minutes. Coconut oil has therapeutic effect on hair.
- Keeping your hair moisturized is very important. It helps in maintaining vibrant tresses. Water is the most basic source for moisturising your hair and hair oil makes for an even better remedy.
- Vinegar and limejuice are good for the health of the hair. Make a mixture of vinegar and limejuice and wash your hair with the mixture. It also helps in disinfecting the scalp.