Common facts to remember about Kidney Stones
Common facts to remember about Kidney Stones:
Although adopting the above life style, you can prevent yourself from Kidney stones but if you see these symptoms severely, immediately call your doctors or rush to hospitals.
To avoid kidney stones from re-deposition, persons should remember these following some common rules of life.
Do's & Don'ts in Kidney Stones
- Hot water bath and hot fomentation over the back gives relief.
- Liquids/fluids should be taken in good quantity. Food which may irritate the urinary system and kidneys like alcohol, pickles, fish, chicken etc., should be avoided.
- Do not eat food items like peas, soyabeans, beetroot, cauliflower, carrots, almonds and eggs.
- Yoga: Certain Asanas and Yoga, which stimulate Kidneys can be practised. These are Pavana Mukta Asana and Uttana Padasana etc.. Novice must always perform Yoga under any expert.
When should I call a doctor?
You should call a doctor in case of emergency and when you see any of the following signs:
- Extreme pain in your back or side that will not go away
- Blood in your urine
- Fever and chills
- Urine that smells bad or looks cloudy
- A burning feeling when you urinate
These may be signs of a kidney stone that needs a doctor's care.