Ayurvedic Treatment of Scalp Psoriasis
Scalp Psoriasis can be treated through Ayurveda. Panchkarma is a very effective treatment of Scalp Psoriasis. As it
is believed that Psoriasis can be treated through eliminating the toxins from the body.
Here are some herbal remedies that can prove very helpful in treating scalp psoriasis.
- Take 25 grams of dried camomile flowers and 25 grams of dried burdock seeds; simmer it with 600 ml of water at
low temperate in a covered pot for 15 minutes. Strain it to remove the solid contents. Add honey to sweeten the tea.
Store it in the refrigerator. Drink 3 tablespoon for at least 4 times a day for 2 weeks.
- Take the heads of marigold and boil it water for 2 minutes. Wait till the temperature reaches down to room
temperature and the residue to settle down. Message this lotion on the scalp psoriasis and wash it with ultra mild
shampoo. You can also use cider vinegar or lemon juice to ensure thorough rinsing.
- Turmeric is a fine antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory spice that relieves the pain, swelling and
inflammation associated with psoriasis, arthritis etc.
- Take 4-5 medium size bitter gourd (Momordica charantia,) known as karela in India, to purify the blood. Add
Combine 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of neem in a glass of lukewarm water twice daily.
Additionally, use an enema to cleanse the bowels of impurities.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice and add it with water. Apply this mixture on the affected area. Mash an avocado and apply
it liberally to the affected area and leave it on for approximately half an hour. This treatment has the added benefit of
being very good for your hair because it contains many essential fatty acids.
What to do?
- The use of curd in the form of buttermilk has proved useful in psoriasis and the patient should drink it in liberal
- Include more fruits, vegetable, fruit juices in your diet. Bitter gourd, curd, boiled vegetables, pumpkin etc... are
good psoriasis diet.
- Application of avocado oil gently on the effected part is found to be an effective treatment.
- Cod liver oil, lecithin, linseed oil, vitamin E, and zinc fasten the healing process.
- Apply moisturizing cream or gel at regular intervals to maintain the moisture level of the skin.
- Use separate, clean clothes and towel for your use.
- Taking bath in seawater is found to be very effective in psoriasis treatment.
- Drinking fresh bitter gourd juice mixed with one teaspoon of lime juice on an empty stomach is an effective
What not to Do?
- Do not control natural urges like vomiting, urination, bowel emptying etc.
- Avoid taking spicy food and consume only easily digestible food.
- Do not eat too much of salty, sour or acidic foods.
- Avoid consuming opposite foods.
- >Avoid animal fats, eggs, processed canned foods from your diet.