Psoriasis can be treated naturally if we modify in our life style. Here you should adopt the formula of what to do
and avoid what not to do?
What to Do?
- Expose yourself to sunlight regularly for at least 30 mins. It will improve the texture of the affected area of the
skin. But avoid the period between 10am to 2 pm. This is the time when sunrays are strongest.
- Keep your skin away from any forms of injuries as well as from cold. This will aggravate the psoriasis.
- Use loofah as brush to remove scales. Do it gently. To reduce swelling and inflammation, massage it with
- Soak the affected area in a mixture of tar solution and water, or water with Epsom salts. Do this for 15 minutes to
reduce the itching.
- Eat foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E or take food supplements daily. Recommended amount is 10,000 IU for
vitamin A, 2-5,000 mg. For vitamin C, and 400-1200 IU for vitamin E.
- Reduce or remove dairy and red meat products from your diet. Both contain arachidonic acid. This will make your
psoriasis swell and may further inflict inflammation to the affected area.
- Look for good moisturizers and use it after bath or before going to sleep. This will reduce the dryness of the skin
and in turn lessen the dryness of the psoriasis.
- The changes in your diet can help you in healing the Psoriasis Scalp. Include foods such as sesame seeds, pumpkin
seed and sunflower seeds. Consume lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Take a Vitamin E supplement to help reduce the
itching and keep scabs from forming.
- Keep your stress level as low as possible with meditation and yoga.
What no to do?
- Avoid overly spicy foods. They are difficult to digest and can cause toxins to build up in your body.
- Avoid over processed and salty foods because these can aggravate the condition. Cut down on fatty foods, animal
proteins and sugars.
- Do not eat too much of salty, sour or acidic foods.
- Avoid consuming opposite foods.
- Avoid animal fats, eggs, processed canned foods from your diet.
- Avoid using soap while taking bath instead use gram flour and use a herbal scrubber.
- Avoid pricking, peeling and scratching skin.