Ayurvedic Treatment of Skin allergy
Our skin is very sensitive to light, environment, and chemical that occasionally experiences several types of
allergies that can cause irritation, itching, redness, swelling and rashes of the skin. There are numerous types of allergies
that hurt our skin such as dermatitis, eczema, Angioedema (Swelling) and Urticaria (Hives).
The common symptoms of skin allergies are rashes with or without sensation, irritation, itching, redness, swelling,
stinging, and burning or blisters. Generally, skin infections are caused by immune system that stimulates when any
substance comes in the contact of skin. Actually, when our skin comes in the contact of any substance, our immune
system assesses it harmful substances and release antibodies to combat these substances. Some of the skin allergies are
contagious while some are non-contagious.
The common factors behind skin allergies are ? sunlight, dust & pollution, food, clothes, drugs, smoke, heredity,
autoimmune, cosmetics, chemicals, detergents and many others. Skin allergies can affect entire whole body or some
parts of the body.
Most of skin allergies heal automatically after some time as the impact of effecting factors decay. But long lasting
skin allergies need to care. In Ayurveda, it is assessed that skin allergies are the result of the accumulation of tridoshas ?
pitta, vata and kapha. In Ayurveda, skin allergies are treated by eliminating the toxins (tridoshas) from the body.
Herbal Remedies for Skin Allergies
- Grind 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds with 1-teaspoon water. Add 1-teaspoon limejuice. Apply to affected area for
relief from skin allergies.
- Mix 1-teaspoon limejuice with sandalwood paste. Apply to affected skin allergy area.
- Take few leaves of almond and mashed it and apply on the affected area.
- Drink two tablespoons of cider vinegar with one glass of water.
- The pulp and milk of raw papaya is very useful remedy for itchy skin. Mash it and apply on the affected parts. This
will reduce the itch and also make the skin healthier.
- Extract the juice of the Jambula (Indian Plum) and mix some soda in it. Apply this in case of prickly
- The regular intake of lemon juice (one glass twice in a day) daily in summer season. This will supplement the
vitamin C content of the body and prevent the outburst of prickly heat.
- Apply aloe Vera gel on the affected areas. It will sooth the areas and gives a cooling effect.
- Treating for Urticaria or hives, take 30 milliliters of wood apple (Feronia limonida) leaves juice and mix some
cumin powder in it. Take this twice daily.
- Add 1/4 cup vodka, 10 drops rose oil, 1/2 cup fresh deep-red rose petals in two cups of distilled water and apply on
- Mix sandalwood paste with rosewater and apply on the face. Rinse off after 30 minutes. It is also effective cures for
- Leafy green vegetables contain vitamins, minerals which nourishes the skin.
- Fruits like plums, melon, orange, apples, grapes are excellent for the skin.
- Avoid white sugar, and everything made with it. The process of chemically whitening sugar is toxic.
- Avoid bleached flours, and everything made with it.
- Avoid all processed foods, including the frozen pre-packaged types.
- Avoid the processes meat. Thoroughly wash all fresh fruits and vegetables in warm water.
- Avoid smoking and heavy alcohol consumption. Heavy coffee consumption is to be avoided.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica ) is one of the most powerful blood purifiers and detoxifiers in Ayurvedic usage, Neem
is often used to maintain healthy skin. The decoction of neem for internal consumption and the paste of neem for
external application help to heel the allergy.
- Shuddha Guggulu is one of the most famous herbs for strong purification and rejuvenate powers. It can cure Skin
Diseases like Eczema, Skin Rashes and other skin problems.