About Weight Gain
At present, weight gain has emerged as one of the most common health issues across the world. People of every strata and age are suffering from the problem of weight gain and want to get rid of this at any cost. It's very common that the unhealthy eating habits and unusual lifestyle are the major reason for weight gain, but apart from that there are several factors that are responsible for excessive weight gain.
Causes of Weight Gain:
Gain of extra calorie in the body is the major reason for weight gain that causes due to excessive deposition of fat in the body. Excessive accumulation of fat in the body can be caused due to many reasons ranging from eating habits to lifestyle. Some of the major reasons behind weight gain are:
- Eating fobs that are high in fat and containing high calories is the major reason for weight gain.
- Overeating is also one of the major responsible factors for weight gain. Many people eat continuously more the requirement of the body that leads to the accumulation of extra fat in body.
- Lack of physical activity is a common phenomenon today. Sitting entire day in front of computer or in chair leads to weight gain.
- Unusual and irregular eating habits also results in weight gain. Today people are fonder of eating high fat or snack foods, eat at irregular times, and skip meals, which results in weight gain.
- Emotional conditions such as stress, anxiety, or depression causes weigh gain as people start overeating on these condition due keep themselves engaged that results in weight gain.
- Consuming alcohol on regular basis leads to weight gain, as alcohol is high on fat.
- Some medical conditions like Cushing's syndrome or hypothyroidism and medicines like antidepressants or corticosteroids may also result in weight gain.
How to Prevent Weight Gain
- Keep an eye on your body constantly as this helps to diagnose if you have put on some extra pound and intimate you to take preventive measures.
- Eat on regular basis. You can take 5 to 6 small meals a day in an interval of 3 to 3 hours instead of taking heavy diet.
- Consume foods that are rich in protein and carbohydrate. Eating rice, potatoes, cereal, corn, peas and carrots could help you a lot.
- Avoid eating foods that are rich in fat content. It is recommended to take good fats such as flaxseed oil, safflower oil, canola oil, and sunflower oil. Butter, noodles, fried foods; meat, mayonnaise and whole-fat dairy products are not recommended.
- Doing exercise and other physical activities on regular basis is helps you keep fit by stimulating the metabolic rate of the body. This also helps burn extra calories in the body and prevents the accumulation of extra fat in the body.
- Drink lots of water through the entire day. This helps in flushing out the toxins and fat from the body that are not required.
- Avoid sitting more in front of computer or television.
Ayurvedic Tips to Avoid Weight Gain
Ayurveda is the ancient science of medicine that recommends many useful tips avoid weight can that can be successfully applied for the same. Some of the ayurvedic tips to avoid weigh gain are:
- According to ayurveda, imbalance of kapha dosha in the body is the reason for weight gain. Ayurveda suggests the reduction of kapha dosha in the body is very essential in order to avoid weight gain.
- Sticking to an ayurvedic diet helps prevent weight gain. Adding hot species like ginger, cinnamon and coriander in the food helps reduce kapha dosha in the body.
- Intake of hot drinks such as teas, hot water, instead of cold drinks like sodas and milk shakes is recommended.
- Include plenty of salads, beans, dry cereals and cooked grains in your meals.
- Doing exercise on regular basis is quite beneficial in preventing weight gain but the exercise should not lead to excessive strain.
- Yoga and meditation on daily basis is extremely useful in avoiding excessive weight gain.
- Take sound sleep. Ayurveda recommends to follow the principle 'early to sleep, early to rise'.