Home Remedies for Menstrual Cramps
Most of the women get affected by menstrual cramps. These cramps are nothing but aches in the stomach and pelvic area as a part of menstrual period. Its symptoms are same a premenstrual symptoms. A large number of women get affected by the premenstrual and menstrual cramps. The pain caused in these cramps could be various mild to severe.
Cause of Menstrual Cramps:
· Secretion of prostaglandins that causes the uterus to contract this hormone is one of the major reasons behind menstrual cramps.
· Although reasons are not known yet, younger women are more prone to cramps than older women. The severities of the pain decrease with age, and normally end after pregnancy.
Symptoms of Menstrual Cramps:
Loose bowel movements/diarrhea
Bloating in your belly area
Home remedies for Menstrual Cramps
· One should take lots of liquid to check the dehydration caused due to menstrual cramps.
· Ginger has also a lot of properties to deal with the postmenstrual cramps. To get benefited one should boil some ginger slices in water and take some sips of it.
· One can place a hot water bag on the stomach soak a towel, wring it and place it on the belly.
· Intake of caffeine and aerated drinks should be frowned upon.
· Taking mint-flavoured tea is also an ideal home remedy for the treatment of menstrual cramps.
· A mixed juice of carrot, beetroot, cucumber and parsley could also be an ideal home remedy for the treatment of menstrual cramps. .