Home Remedies for Plantar Fascia or Plantar Fasciitis
Home remedies for plantar fascia or plantar fasciitis are highly effective in dealing with the symptoms of this disease that is a result of overuse of the plantar fascia or arch tendon of the foot. Plantar Fascia is nothing but a broad, thick bundle of tissue that covers the heel to the front of the foot. Any damage to this part results in the pain in the feet.
Causes of Plantar Fascia or Plantar Fasciitis:
Foot arch problems
Sudden weight gain
Tight Achilles tendon
Poorly designed shoes
Symptoms of Plantar Fascia or Plantar Fasciitis:
Pain and hardness in the bottom of the heel
The pain becomes severe
Pain becomes sever in the morning
Standing or sitting for long hours
Home Remedies for Plantar Fascia or Plantar Fasciitis:
There can be more than one ways to deal with the various symptoms of o plantar fasciitis. Acupuncture and massages are most effective ways to deal with the various symptoms of this disease. Plantar fasciitis can be managed at your own by adopting some natural remedies and some exercise that can be useful to offer some relief from plantar fasciitis. Physiotherapy could be one option that helps to a great extent.
Let us have a look on some of the natural home remedies for plantar faciitis.
• One should wear footwear that offers good support to bottom of your feet. Wearing well-padded shoes could be a good idea. Beware of walking barefooted as it may increase the chances of bringing back the pain.
• Using a cold compress on the affected heel for fifteen to twenty minutes could offer you some relief from this disease as it offers great relief from pain and inflammation.
• Allow your heels to rest for long hours. Save your heels from exerting extra pressure for a few days while you’re going under the pain.
• One can opt for stretching exercises, particularly one that relieves calf muscles as it helps in the speedy recovery from pain in the heels.
• Application of night splints is also suggested to relieve fascia and other adjoining muscles.
• If you are in a profession that requires running, you should curb your activities for some times or cut short your running distance.
• If you run for fitness, you can switch to other activities like swimming or cycling or any other indoor activities.