Home Remedies for Pneumonia
Home remedies for pneumonia offers great relief to this disease that is characterized by cough and sputum, fever and pain in the chest while breathing. Pneumonia is a condition of lungs where the alveoli of lungs get inflamed. The disease is a result of infections in the lungs due to various agents like bacteria, virus, fungi and parasites. The disease finds an expression in the form of fever. The disease can also be received by accidentally coming in touch with some chemicals. Elders and infants are more prone to this disease.
Causes of Pneumonia
Bacteria and virus infection
Inhaling some germs directly into your lungs
Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumococcus)
Bacteria such as Legionella pneumophila,
Weakened immune system
Symptoms of Pneumonia
Wheezing sounds during breathing
Reduction in activity
Loss of appetite
Lips and fingernails turn bluish or gray
Home Remedies for Pneumonia:
· Known for its wide-ranging medicinal properties turmeric is also a good home remedy for pneumonia.
· Herbs like black pepper, fenugreek and ginger are also useful in the treatment of pneumonia. You can take these herbs in raw or cooked form.
· Sesame seeds play a good role in the treatment of pneumonia. For benefit add 15 grams of sesame seeds in 250 ml water. Also add salt, a teaspoon of linseed, and a tablespoon of honey. This decoction has been found effective in the treatment of pneumonia.
· Ginger is a well-known home remedy for dealing with respiratory disorders. One should mix juice of ginger with honey and take it twice a day.
· Mixing a teaspoon of honey to a glass of lukewarm water and taking it twice a day also helps to get rid of the symptoms of pneumonia.
· A mixture of camphor with warm turpentine oil is also a good home remedy for pneumonia.
· Those suffering form disease should live in an environment that is very clean in order to avoid infections.