Home Remedies for Acne
Home Remedies for Acne
Most of us have used home remedies for Acne at one point or other in our life.
So looking for a home remedy for acne is nothing new. Even today, a large number
of adolescents and teenagers keep searching for the ways to handle acne. Acne,
that is caused due to an inflammation in sebaceous glands and hair follicles is
a common problem faced by most of the teenagers these days.
Before suggesting the remedies for the acne let us have a look on what are the
causes of the acne.
Some of the major reasons that can be cited behind the acne are as follows:
- Unhealthy food habits like not having a fix timing for taking meals and using
incompatible food options.
- Strong sexual desire during adolescence can also be cited as a reason for the
- Vitamin A deficiency also causes acne.
- In women and girls pimples may occur due to some menstrual problems like
delayed or early periods.
- Use of oily or junk food is also a cause of the acne.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy are also a cause of the acne.
Do's and don'ts for Acne:
Introduce fruit and vegetables in your meal.
Maintain hygiene and wash your skin gently and carefully.
Don't compromise on the water intake to your body.
Keep your stress in control.
Maintain a healthy bowel habit.
Refrain from synthetic and oily beauty regimen.
Avoid pressing the pimples.
Avoid junk foods.
Natural Home remedies for Acne:
- Apply buttermilk on the affected region
- Wash your face twice or thrice a day
- Take the grinded orange and make a paste of it using water and apply it on the
acne. It is one of the most recommended home remedies for acne.
- Mix almond powder with water and apply it as a face wash. Leave it to become
dry and then wash your face.
- A Mixture of one teaspoon lemon juice with in one teaspoon of finely grinded
cinnamon (dalchini) is ideal for controlling acne. Apply this mixture gently on
- Take half teaspoon of sandalwood with turmeric powder and make a paste of it
in a little water to apply on your face.
- Make a paste of cucumber and apply it on the affected region. Allow it to dry
before you wash it.
- Make a paste of sandalwood (chandan) powder and black gram (masoor) dal. Apply
it over your face and later wash it with plain water.
- Make a mix of 3 tablespoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
Spread it over the pimples before you go to sleep. Wash it the next morning with
- Take grinded nutmeg (jaiphal) with raw milk and apply on the spot. It is good
for cure acne.
All these home remedies can help you fight acne.